Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blog 3

The only way to actually create a long lasting personal relationship is through communication.  I have been involved with people who all they do is talk about themselves, forcing me to be the constant listener, this is not a relationship that lasts long.  In order to have a healthy personal relationship it has to be a two way thing.  I personally have a problem with turning a conversation back to my problems when the conversation is not about me, but it is about the person I am talking to.  I have to be in a constant state of reminding myself to be sympathatic to the other persons needs and to not focus on myself.  By keeping that in mind I am able to build very strong personal relationships by listening and talking.  At times a friend may need you to listen, give advice, or just be sympathetic to what is going wrong in their lives.  This challenges and strengthens your communication skills by catering to the circumstance the person needs.  Chapter 4 talks about listening, and this is the chapter that has affected me the strongest.  It has opened my eyes to show me what I have been neglecting in my relationships and this is what I have taken most out of all the chapters.  By sitting back and listening it will help me to improve my personal relationship and my friendships because it will give a trusting persona and it will strengthen the relationship between myself and the other person because it will build trust between us for any future times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment